British American Tobacco Jordan PSC (hereinafter referred to as "BAT" or "we" or “us” or “our”) will only collect and use personal data in accordance with the Jordanian data protection legislation. For the purposes of this website, personal data are all statements and information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. In addition to contact information such as your name, telephone number, address, e-mail address, date of birth (or other information you provide to us in connection with an order or participation in a program or contest on this website), under certain circumstances we also collect your IP address, which we record when you visit our site for age verification purposes, and other information such as the pages you have visited and your reactions to offers displayed on our website are also part of the personal data we collect.
Personal data is information about your identity, such as your name, postal or e-mail address, mobile phone number or date of birth. We will only collect and store this information if you have actively submitted it to us.
ACTIVE DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
We will not actively collect personal data about you on this website without your explicit prior consent, if such consent is required under the Jordanian data protection law. Therefore, it is entirely up to you to decide whether or not you wish to provide us with personal data. Furthermore, BAT only actively collects and processes personal data that you have voluntarily provided or disclosed (for example, in connection with a contest or data cards, or after you have agreed to receive communications by post or e-mail).
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As you browse our website, certain information may be passively recorded (i.e., even if you have not actively provided it to us) using a number of technologies and methods, such as IP addresses, cookies, Internet tags, navigational data acquisition or Google Analytics.
“Navigational data” (data from "log files", "server logs" and "click streams") is used to administer systems, improve site content, conduct market research and send information to visitors. All information associated with an individual will be deleted immediately.
On our website, we use IP addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that you can use the Internet. Data is automatically recorded when you browse a website, and it is therefore possible that information about you is collected indirectly. It is also very common for such data to be collected when you access the websites of other providers. This may include, for example, information about the Internet browser you use, the web pages you view, or the length of your visit. When we can match this data to specific individuals, we delete it very quickly. In particular, we use this information to verify that you are accessing our website from Jordan. In addition, the stored data is used anonymously to improve the website for users or to ensure its security and stability.
On this website, data is stored and used for marketing purposes. It is also used to improve the information we provide on the site, but no data is associated with a specific user. User profiles are created exclusively under a pseudonym with the help of cookies. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. which collects information about your user behaviour using cookies.
A "cookie" is a small text file that is sent to your Internet browser by a website to help the website collect data about you and your preferences. “Session cookies" are small, temporary text files that are deleted when you exit the browser window or turn off your computer. They are used to improve website navigation and to collect additional statistical data. “Permanent cookies" are small temporary text files that are deleted when you exit the browser window or turn off your computer. They store information on your computer for a variety of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have recently used (e.g., address entered). In addition, they allow us to identify web pages of particular interest to users, which gives us the ability to adjust our pages to better meet the needs of visitors.
Cookies will not harm your computer. However, if you do not want cookies to be set on your computer, you can set your computer to display a notification that cookies are being set.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
To disable cookies, you must change your Internet browser settings to reject them. This procedure will depend on your browser. Here is how to disable cookies in the most common browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Select the appropriate setting.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Select the "Tools" menu, then "Options”.
- Click on the "Privacy" icon.
- Find the "Cookies" menu and select the appropriate options.
For Google Chrome:
- Choose the menu, then "Settings”.
- Click on "Show advanced settings".
- In the "Privacy" section, click on the Content Settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, select the appropriate option.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
It depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, the site may not function properly.
PASSIVE COLLECTION OF PERSONALITY PROFILES
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
BAT will only use your personal data to:
- Verify your age; 19 years or older.
- Locate your device and thus verify that you are accessing our website from Jordan;
- Process your orders and provide you with the services and information you have requested through our website;
- To administer your account with us;
- Verify and perform financial transactions in connection with payments you make online;
- To improve the layout and/or content of our website pages and tailor them to our users;
- To identify individuals who visit our website;
- Respond to your requests;
- Send you information regarding your requests;
- If you have consented during the registration process (in the registration mask for this website, there is a separate box for you to agree to receive this type of information and communications by mail or email), we may also send you other information about:
- the website,
- our other websites, i.e., on sites specific to BAT, including promotions relating to those brands
- our products,
- BAT’s promotions and sponsorship activities,
- anything relating to other companies affiliated with the BAT Group or our business partners, including information about their products and services, promotions, etc.
If you then wish to opt out of this consent, click on the "Unsubscribe" link in any email we send you or go to your account to change your profile preferences.
- Determine the general location of users and the use of certain aspects of the site or a link contained in an email sent to subscribers and provide this anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, this anonymized data will not identify you personally.
Your personal data will only be disclosed to third parties if such disclosure is necessary for the processing of your order (delivery of your products or processing of payment) or for other services, including information or communication services (by mail or e-mail), that you have requested.
These third-party companies to whom your personal data is disclosed may only use your data for the purpose of providing the services you have requested. Only the personal data necessary for the provision of the service concerned will be disclosed (need-to-know principle).
Please note that for the processing of your payment by means of a credit or debit card, the terms and conditions of your debit card issuer as well as the data protection declaration contained therein are authoritative. On the basis of these terms and conditions, you agree, when you use your credit or debit card for payments and provide us with the information on this card, that the personal data required by your card issuer will be submitted to it and to the companies it commissions. You can find more information about the processing of personal data in connection with a credit or debit card payment in the terms and conditions of your card issuer.
BAT and its contractors may be required to disclose your personal data by applicable law or by order of a court or competent authority. In such cases, BAT will inform you in advance of such disclosure, if permitted by applicable law.
ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
In order to verify that your personal data is accurate, up-to-date and complete, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take appropriate steps to update or rectify personal data you have already sent us through this website.